At the Alpha Gamma Chapter of Kappa Beta Gamma, we take pride in our commitment to philanthropy and service. Every year, sisters dedicate hundreds of hours to local charities and non-profit organizations in the Greater Vancouver area. Our main philanthropic focus is to create and attend events benefiting Special Olympics, our International Philanthropy, and Faces of Mental Illness, our Local Charity.
Every semester, each sister is obligated to complete individual volunteer hours, and participate in Kappa Beta Gamma sanctioned philanthropy projects.
Our most recent events include:
- The annual Kappa Cash Can’s & Clothes Drive supporting the Vancouver Covenant House
- Salvation Army Kettle Bell Campaign
- Selling raffle tickets at the Vancouver Giants Hockey Games supporting Special Olympics
- Schools Building Schools and Special Olympics Bake Sales
- Special Olympics 4th Annual Walk-A-Thon
- Hilarity for Charity, benefiting Specials Olympics BC and hosted by SFU Football’s Team Up Community Outreach Program
- Supporting and cheering on Special Olympics Burnaby games
- Raising thousands of dollars and participating in SFU’s Relay for Life
- Multiple sandwich drives, donating over 300 sandwiches to the homeless
- Participating and raising money during Schools Building Schools Cyclathon, Jeporady night events and Pub Night Fundraiser
- Donating Christmas stocking stuffers
- Halloween for Hunger